VSA AGM 2017 – Minutes
- 24.07.17 18 pm
- Martin-Luther-Str. 78, 10825 Berlin, Germany
- 6 Durban Street, Grahamstown, 6139, South Africa
- Welcome and excused
Delayed start at 18:38 pm due to technical problems.
- Anna Wertlen
- Ronald Wertlen
- Kjetil Torp
- Chiara Brendel
- Lukas Hüneke
- Sarah Hanton
- Christoph Flügge
- Judith Flügge
- Treasurer’s report
- Annual audit of the South African VSA
The South African VSA was successfully audited for the financial year 2017.
- Discharge of managing board
The management board was discharged.
- 2016/17 project report
- Less activity on awarenet.
- The reasons for this are the following:
- Power Point and Word were introduced to learners, less time therefore used on the awarenet platform
- Grocott’s articles were at times written using Word not only on the platform
- Less groups in the awarenet program
- Many sessions held outside the classroom during the community engagement term when social video documentaries were made.
- Sessions being canceled due to organisational and technical problems at the schools.
- New ideas how to increase activity despite the new technologies to be listed by the team:
- One learner from each group documents the project on the platform when activities don’t take place on awarenet.
- Technical improvements on the awarenet platform; currently e.g. writing articles for the Grocotts more time-consuming on awarenet than in Word.
- 2017/18 roadmap
- Regular meetings with the trustees, e.g. every quarter.
- First meeting about new board members for example.
Anna and Ron will probably visit South Africa again at Easter 2018.
at 20.10 pm