The VSA now focusus on training teachers how to use and teach the use of awareNet to learners and how to integrate the awareNet programme into their regular teaching. Initially, we mainly trained learners, which was important to find out if awareNet is interesting for them, and if they understand the concept and design. That way, we also successfully created a lot of interesting content, which convinced school staff that awareNet is useful and worth the attention.
To make sure the awareNet programme is sustainable, we have now – together with the principals – appointed an awareNet champion at each school, who will be trained along with the learners and who will slowly take over the entire supervision of the awareNet programme at their school. They will be able to work completely independently from us and keep the knowledge at the school.
Teachers are so far:
- Anne Oosthuizen at Ntaba Maria PS
- Zukiswa Mahgqengwana at Ntsika SS
- Ms Frank at CM Vellem HPS
- Funeka Jacob at Mary Waters HS
- Mrs Njokweni at Nombulelo SS
- Steader Mqwinti at Nathaniel Nyaluza PSS
- Sarah Hanton at VGHS
- Erika Eesterhuizen at PJ Olivier HS
- Ilse Appelt at Kingswood College
Congratulations and welcome in the awareNet community. We are very proud of you and appreciate your engagement. We are looking forward to a great collaboration!